Sleeping eMac?

Eric Dunbar eric.dunbar at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 14:50:36 MST 2005

On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 16:42:03 -0500, Eric Dunbar <eric.dunbar at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 10:21:27 -0800, Ken Barber <kenb at nu-world.com> wrote:
> > On Tuesday 04 January 2005 6:52 am, a monkey wrote:
> > > How can I get my eMac to "sleep" like in the old Mac OS X days? You
> > > know, have the monitor and fan shut off, etc. I want to leave my eMac on
> > > all night, but I'm not willing to waste so much power. If I could get my
> > > eMac to "sleep", it would be very helpful to me.
> >
> > This is not a permanent solution, but if you're in the Northern Hemisphere and
> > heating with electricity, you're not saving ANY power by having your computer
> > go to sleep.  At least not during the heating season.

Speaking of energy savings... I love these Gmail ads and URLs that
appear at the bottom of e-mails (usually you'll see two ads and two
non-ad links)... so much better than the crappy conventional ads
served up by hotmail or yahoo or...:
Heat Pump -Do it yourself
www.acdirect.com - Wide selection of brand names Low prices and fast delivery
Geothermal Heat Pump
www.eBay.com - Great deals on a quality pump. Start saving now! affiliate.

Related Pages
If you're thinking electric space heater, you're getting warm
Lexington Herald Leader - Jan 1, 2005 - By Alan J. Heavens. Portable
electric heaters are the best bet for

(<http://www.kentucky.com/mld/heraldleader/living/home/10519054.htm>)

geo.htm
www.accs.net - Cost of installation and use of my residential