Contributing software to YDL

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Wed Jan 5 10:06:54 MST 2005

Geert Janssens wrote :

> I need a package on my system that I can't find in the YDL or FreshRPMS
> yum repositories. Those I then build myself, and since I try to keep a
> consistent system, I usually make RPMs of what I've built.
>
> In other distro's like Mandrake, I have noticed there usually is
> something like a contrib repository, with user contributions.
>
> Does something similar exist for YDL ? I mean is there a place I can
> upload the RPM's I've built so other YDL users can use them too ?

There is unfortunately no such mechanism for YDL that I know of. Maybe if
some day YDL also includes all or part of Fedora Extras, then that's the
place where to contribute, and also send ppc-specific changes.

As for freshrpms.net packages, I'm always open to suggestions and fixes. I
already share build files with other packagers (Dag Wieers most notably),
so any package that can be found in the svn repository below and that
builds for you on ppc can be trivially added to my YDL repository. Of
course, any ppc specific fixes to be included are also very welcome.

http://svn.rpmforge.net/

Matthias

Fedora Core release 3 (Heidelberg) - Linux kernel 2.6.9-1.724_FC3
Load : 0.39 0.48 0.52