MPlayer - configuring

DON J MARTINO dmartino at lausd.k12.ca.us
Sat Jan 8 17:24:23 MST 2005

I watch a lot of news programs from Europe (Italy, Germany) and the streams I use are all RealMedia. I used Reals installer to install RP10 linux but Realplayer freezes when I try to play the streamed video files (I can get streamed audio with RP 10 -- that's why I suspected it might be video card driver problem -- but, as you say, there isn't a linux nvidia driver for ppc, so can't do anything about driver problem (if any). I will check the conf directory (as Dr. Sacco suggested) to try to get Mplayer going on streamed video.

Thanks for everyone's help!