KDE Sound revisited

Joseph E. Sacco, Ph.D. joseph_sacco at comcast.net
Tue Jan 11 07:12:59 MST 2005

Owen,

You are welcome.

Be advised that the report is preliminary. I am not [yet] comfortable
with a build process that fails.  I may never use the java bindings, but
that's not the point.  I don't yet know what else did not build. So
there is more to do.

I have managed to get the sound test and sound notifications to work
without generating the angry sea of white noise hiss. However, there are
now sound resource contention issues between the KDE sound system and
external applications like XMMS and XINE [resource busy]. This may be a
well known KDE issue with a well known [to others, but not me] solution.
Or...,  it can be a consequence of the failed build. We'll see...

-Joseph

joseph_sacco[at]comcast[dot]net