Booting YD from a DVD

Eric Dunbar eric.dunbar at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 09:38:00 MST 2005

On 12 Jan 2005 16:09:38 -0000, justinw.5607516 wrote:

> The Live CD List:
> http://www.frozentech.com/content/livecd.php
>
> particularly,
> Knoppix PPC:
> http://debian.tu-bs.de/knoppix/powerPC/
>
> (no personal experience
> with the PPC version of Knoppix though.  Knoppix is a live CD based on Debian
> which boasts comprehensive x86 hardware support)

A group within Ubuntu (a Debian derivative) has (supposedly) got a PPC
live CD working.

Posted this morning...

Matt Zimmerman to ubuntu-devel 2:07am (9 hours ago)

New live CDs for i386, amd64 and powerpc are available here:

http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/daily-live/current/
rsync://cdimage.ubuntu.com/cdimage/daily-live/current/

For some reason, network interface detection is failing at the moment, but
this is the first time that the live CD is working on all three
architectures, so I thought it would be worth an announcement for those who
would like to try it out.

More information here:

http://www.ubuntulinux.org/wiki/LiveCD (toward the end)