Ghostscript 8.50 on YDL 3.0.1

David Wadson wadson at shaw.ca
Fri Jan 14 17:08:45 MST 2005

Has anyone compiled the latest AFPL Ghostscript 8.50 on a YDL 3.0
machine? I've been able to compile and install it just fine but when I
try to use it, it just freezes. Yes, a rather vague description of the
problem but at this point I'm just curious as to whether anyone has
gotten it to run successfully.

On a related note, if there are any Ghostscript experts out
there...does the epswrite device always convert CMYK to the RGB color
space in the resulting EPS? I'm stumped as to how to keep the CMYK
information intact. Not sure if there's some sort of command-line
option I've been unable to find or whether it's a limitation of that
device. Kind of hard for a prepress workflow to have everything
converted back to RGB...

Thanks,

Dave