KDE-3.3.2: small puzzles [LONG]

Joseph E. Sacco, Ph.D. joseph_sacco at comcast.net
Sat Jan 15 16:07:51 MST 2005

Robert,  thank you for taking the time to read and think about my
ramblings.

Actually,  I wound up setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH in the shell script that
exec'd /usr/bin/evolution, but LD_RUN_PATH would have worked just as
well, I think. PATH was only relevant to which version of aspell was
being picked up. The net-net was that it didn't matter. Once
LD_LIBRARY_PATH was set to pick up /usr/lib first, spell checking
worked.

I still don't understand the why the icons for email attachments are
invisible when running evolution-1.4.6 under KDE.  The fact that they
are also invisible when running the stock version of KDE, kde-3.3.0,
that came with YDL-4.0 is consistent but troubling. Maybe it's something
I have done to my system. Email attachment icons are clearly visible
when running the GNOME desktop.

Do you see the icons for email attachments on your system when you run
evolution-1.4.6 under KDE?

-Joseph

--
joseph_sacco[at]comcast[dot]net