KDE-3.3.2: small puzzles [LONG]

Joseph E. Sacco, Ph.D. joseph_sacco at comcast.net
Sun Jan 16 11:05:07 MST 2005

Hi Derick,

Thanks for responding. BTW, I am in Carlisle, MA  which is north west of
Boston.

OK... Let me understand.

Using evolution-1.4.6 AND the KDE desktop:
* create an outgoing email message
* add an attachment of any sort
   * attachment panel appears at the bottom of the outgoing message
      * attachment is seen as an icon in this panel.

That's what it's supposed to do.

On my system, when running the KDE desktop:
* create an outgoing email message
* add an attachment of any sort
   * attachment panel appears at the bottom of the outgoing message
      * attachment icon is *NOT* seen, but the attachment is there.

When I run the GNOME desktop all is well.

If you actually see the attachment icon when running KDE, that would
tell me that I have hosed something,  maybe on the zillion dot files in
my home directory.  I'll create a new user and see if the problem goes
away.

-Joseph

On Sun, 2005-01-16 at 11:36, Derick Centeno wrote:

> Hi Joseph (whereever you are):
> Unfortunately, I discovered your query via Mr. Story's reply.
>
> I use evolution and yes the icons for email attachments do appear (they
> appear interestingly as all old office hardcopy attachments used to
> appear -- with paper clips).  For a rapidly aging geezer as myself,
> something recognizeable most refreshing.
>
> The filters of evolution work fine for me.  There are lots of options
> and settings to consider, but if one is selective and careful the
> combination of the choices one makes can be quite formidable and outdo
> the offerings of many services.  Their is also encryption available, a
> working a task based calendar, contacts, one can set-up multiple email
> accounts, and well...getting familiar with any app like it can take time
> and be a bit of a bother.
>
> Still no effort, no gain.  I use evolution, exclusive to anything else.
> Best wishes....

joseph_sacco[at]comcast[dot]net