Yum repositories

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Mon Jan 17 10:01:31 MST 2005

beartooth wrote :

> On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 14:06:01 +0100, Geert Janssens asked:
>
> > ... Does anybody know of other public yum repositories
> > (small or bigger) for YDL, with software not found (or at different
> > versions) than the one mentioned above ?
>
> It's been nearly a month, and still no answers. [...]

Well, I answered that post...

> My typical result, when I do get one, as just now, is :
>                           =====
> [root at localhost root]# yum update
> Gathering header information file(s) from server(s)
> Server: FreshRPMS Contributional Repository.
> Server: Yellow Dog Linux 4.0 Base
> Exiting on User Cancel
> [root at localhost root]# yum update
> Gathering header information file(s) from server(s)
> Server: FreshRPMS Contributional Repository.
> Server: Yellow Dog Linux 4.0 Base
> Server: Yellow Dog Linux 4.0 Extras
> Server: Yellow Dog Linux 4.0 Update
> Finding updated packages
> Downloading needed headers
> No Packages Available for Update
> No actions to take
> [root at localhost root]#

This is normal, and the expected behavior when there are no updates
available. What exactly do you expect to see? The first time, it seems like
you hit Ctrl+C because the mirror you're using (gulus.usherbrooke.ca) was
slow to respond... that's the mirror's fault, or your connection to it that
is flaky. Try to find a different mirror...

Matthias

Fedora Core release 3 (Heidelberg) - Linux kernel 2.6.10-1.737_FC3
Load : 0.66 0.47 0.59