Wifi for ibook dual usb 600mhz

Daniel Gimpelevich daniel at gimpelevich.san-francisco.ca.us
Wed Jan 19 12:08:15 MST 2005

You're obviously talking about the iBooks that take the classic AirPort
cards, not Extreme. The Sony cards that work in the iBook are 802.11b,
not 802.11g. PCMCIA is simply not capable of an 802.11g interface; you
need CardBus for that, and the iBook doesn't have it. There is no 802.11g
solution for iBooks that don't have USB 2.0, unless somebody comes up with
a FireWire dongle.