ibook 600 mhz sound only on root account

Daniel Gimpelevich daniel at gimpelevich.san-francisco.ca.us
Fri Jan 28 12:29:49 MST 2005

I believe Norberto is referring to the permissions of the audio entries in
the /dev directory. As for RealPlayer and Flash, it sounds like you
installed them in root's home directory. The solution is to install in a
directory anybody can see. If you installed from the RPMs, this wouldn't
be a problem.