Is there a driver for the lexmark X1185??

beartooth beartooth at adelphia.net
Sat Jan 29 07:05:05 MST 2005

I've just bought a Lexmark X1185, and everything I try to print
from FC3 aborts. I hope eventually to use this printer with FC1 and
XP, but am trying it out on my testbed machine, which will become a
LAN server when I learn how, and is meanwhile trying out FC3.

It would be nice to be able to print from FC3 while I have it,
but it's FC1 nd XP that will really matter.

However, I've poked around, on the Web (including especially
linuxprinting) and on the CD that came with the printer, and don't
see any Fedora drivers for it anywhere.

I already asked on the lexmark forum at linuxprinting, and go no answer
there; I also asked on gmane.fedora.general (whatever the underlying list
is), and got only the URLs for linuxprinting and the SANE project; but the
Sane project explicitly says "not supported" (and gives a wad of detail
that's over my head).

Have I missed something obvious? *Is* there anything? Or am I
going to have to get a different printer? (I don't really expect to print
much if anything from YDL 4.0; but any leads to a driver for it might help
find one for Fedora. Also, it seems to be a nice machine, and may appeal
to others here who use their printers more.)

--
Beartooth Implacable, Linux Evangelist & Gadfly
neo-redneck, curmudgeonly codger with FC1 & YDL 4.0