Compiling PHP on G5

C.J. Harris cjharrisr66t at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 6 16:49:46 MDT 2005

I am compiling from the source, in the cflags variable in the make, there was only cflags_clean I added -fPIC and did a "make clean" and "make" then installed the new php library and still no luck.

Mark Guertin <guertin at brucemaudesign.com> wrote: For a PPC_REL_24 error, it usually means you will have to add -fPIC
to your CFLAGS for that particular piece. If it's not already in
their Makefile it sounds like there may be problems, are you
compiling from source or an srpm ?

Mark

On 6-Jul-05, at 3:13 PM, C.J. Harris wrote:

> I been having a problem now for a couple of weeks, With the yum
> installed version of apache, I been trying to compile php with
> various options such as with gettext and mysql support. But no
> matter what flags I configure php with, It builds properly without
> errors but once installed Apache will not start and complains with
> the error
>
> Syntax error on line 6 of /etc/httpd/conf.d/php.conf:
> Cannot load /usr/lib/httpd/modules/libphp4.so into server:
> /usr/lib/httpd/module
> s/libphp4.so: R_PPC_REL24 relocation at 0x0ddcf97c for symbol `signal'
> out of range
>
> Has any one ever had this error? Does anyone know what to do in
> this case?
> I have tried this with php 4.3.11, 5.0.4 and the most current
> snapshot same results every time.
>
> Sell on Yahoo! Auctions - No fees. Bid on great items.
HINT: to Google archives, try ' site:terrasoftsolutions.com'

http://mail.yahoo.com