When bad things happen to good Mac's [OT]

Daniel Gimpelevich daniel at gimpelevich.san-francisco.ca.us
Fri Jul 22 21:49:46 MDT 2005

Leave it to Linux to correctly diagnose the true nature of the problem. On
a lark, I tried to run MOL, and it said the partition in question was
"unwrapped HFS+" which after a few minutes struck me like a lightning
bolt. It seems that while the Reset button in Drive Genius nuked the
driver partitions, restoring them did not affect the fact that the
Repartition button nuked the HFS wrapper around the HFS+ filesystem.
Utilities can fix a damaged wrapper, but I don't seem to have one that
will insert one onto a "pure" HFS+ filesystem. Can you recommend one? I
tried Google with not much luck, but I did find this:
http://www.applelinks.com/pm/more.php?id=3518_0_1_0
Note that it says: