yum install php-mysql without mysql package?

C.J. Harris cjharrisr66t at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 25 13:18:48 MDT 2005

Is it possible to install the php-mysql package
without having the mysql package installed? I already
manually installed the latest version of mysql from
source and would prefer to use it instead of the
yellowdog's package. I tried to install the php-mysql
package using yum with
'# yum --exclude=mysql install php-mysql'

But that just returns

'Package php-mysql needs libmysqlclient.so.10, this is
not available.'

Where does the php-mysql package or yum look for
libmysqlclient.so.10? Is it possible I can link my
current mysql libraries to where ever yum (or the
php-mysql package) is looking for them? My current
install of mysql acutally uses "libmysqlclient.so.14"
Also my /etc/ld.so.conf does contain the path to my
mysql libraries "/usr/local/mysql/lib/mysql"

Please help.
Thanks Cameron