MP3 support using YUM

Daniel Gimpelevich daniel at gimpelevich.san-francisco.ca.us
Mon Jun 6 11:27:17 MDT 2005

YDL does not currently have a GUI for yum. You need to edit the file
/etc/yum.conf to include other package sources. For now, I have uploaded
such an edited file to http://linuxmafia.com/isos/yum.conf so that it may
be used as-is, or as a template. It includes all the YDL4 yum repositories
that I currently know about, but there is some duplication of packages, so
you may want to comment out certain entries as you see fit. The use of
mirrors is optimized for North American users, so you may wish to change
that. You should periodically update your packages by typing the following
with root privileges:

yum update

Finally, to answer your question, when using the yum.conf file above, all
you need to do is type this with root privileges:

yum install xmms-mp3