Intel on Mac.

Andres Tello Abrego criptos at aullox.com
Mon Jun 6 07:19:12 MDT 2005

Does anybody have heard about the news?

For me, this are very bad news... I really love the PowerPC
achitecture... way to much better than intel. x86 is CISC with something
internal that appers to be risc...

PowerPC architecture, is beautiful.. a lot of register, non destructive
assambler instructions, ortogonal register handling...

My Ibook g3 900 with 640mb ram at ram, kick ass a new dell pIV 2.8 ghz
512 mb ram, at cpu intensive task, sometimes my ibook is faster, the
hardware behaves better...

The reason I switched to mac, was to use linux at powerpc...

Now mac is going intel, what would be the real diference between a ibook
intel and a IBM/HP/DELL laptop? Even hp have a cooler hardware as the
tablet pc, something apple invented years ago with the newton... and
died...

For me, powerpc, was cost/effective reason to buy an ibook instead a x86
system based...

I hope we will need to wait. They said they have been unable to make g5
laptops... what technology for building the chips are they using?