JRE on 4.0.1

Adam W. Lent adam.lent at telemedia.net
Thu Jun 16 01:01:24 MDT 2005

I returned to the IBM Java Developer site and located the Java
Communication API.  I downloaded, installed it and logged out/in.  I had
really hope that this would do it, but no luck.  Still the same
situation.  I've spent hours each night, trying to figure this one
through, but I think it's getting the best of me. I am at a complete
loss as to why the Java Console shows applet progress, but the Konqueror
browswer window refuses to display the applet. I have not had any luck
executing downloaded Java applets, either. I've spent crazy hours trying
to get this to work. Any suggestions on how I might proceed would be
greatly appreciated (other than throwing in the towel).  Thanks again.