OT: Machines "that other distro" supports {was Re: Video card debugging info (Mach64, Beige G3)- how to turn it off (Beige G3, YDL 4.0.1 and kernel 2.6.10-1)}

Daniel Gimpelevich daniel at gimpelevich.san-francisco.ca.us
Sun Jun 19 17:35:00 MDT 2005

Thanks for the link; I looked extensively and didn't find it myself. It
appears that page was put up by someone not connected with officially
supporting Ubuntu, because it claims that AMD64 isn't officially
supported when they distribute full AMD64-only CDs, while saying that it
has been tested on a PowerMac 7200 when they don't provide provide any
kernel built so that it will run on one. Perhaps that situation has
changed since they moved to 2.6.10, but I know for a fact they have no
kernel for some of the other machines listed as having been tested on,
such as the Power-UP. Maybe one could get Ubuntu to install or even run on
things like that by using a Debian kernel, but they don't provide that.