broken redhat-config-bind

John M Phillips phillipsjohnm at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 1 19:48:04 MST 2005

The dns server for my ISP is really slow, so I started to re-establish a
local caching dns server.  The format of bind.conf has changed enough that
I tried to use redhat-config-bind, and got the following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/sbin/redhat-config-bind-gui", line 86, in ?
    cfg = dnsdata.DNS()
  File "/usr/share/redhat-config-bind/dnsdata.py", line 571, in __init__
    raise RuntimeError,"Alchemist file is corrupt"
RuntimeError: Alchemist file is corrupt

This is on "Yellow Dog Linux release 3.0 (Sirius)".  I saw no updates
for either redhat-config-bind or alchemist.  Any help would be
appreciated.

John M Phillips