[RANT] Why is KDE the default in YDL?

Thierry de Coulon tcoulon at decoulon.ch
Thu Mar 3 09:48:25 MST 2005

On Thursday, 3 March 2005 14.33, Christopher Murtagh wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-02-27 at 09:16 -0500, Eric Dunbar wrote:
> > This is exactly my impression of KDE as well -- a cheap Windoze clone
(snip)

>  Funny, cuz I don't get that impression at all.

Well, sort of remind me of some discussions about Touchpads and Trackpads -
the world seems to be divided between touchpad-haters and touchpad-lovers (I
belong to the former group). The problem is that you can't change the
pointing device of your notebook.
You can, however, change you GUI (well - if you're using Linux, of course). I
must admit I'm hoping that some day we can just get rid of Aqua and install
KDE atop Darwin, with some Aqua-on-KDE way to continue running the few Mac
apps I really need.

Or maybe the MacOS X emulator will have improved enough to get usable - but I
doubt that.

Thierry

--
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not
sure about the former" - Albert Einstein