problem when updating to 2.6.10

Dean Loros autocrosser at macdialup.com
Sat Mar 5 01:23:12 MST 2005

Hi there--
Well-I have mixed blessings updating to 2.6.10----Sound on my Dual-1G
Mirror-Door now is starting to work--have all the system sounds working
well if I turn the sound down a "touch"--full & it's distorted--I need
to be pointed to RPMS to get MP3 support to check CD operation---Now
the interesting problem---I've lost my external USB 2 CD drive--I noted
that Kudzu ran a hardware config after I updated to the 2.6.9 kernel--I
checked "almost" everything--but not the USB 2 case--Pointers as to
getting it back?  I edited fstab without effect--added a /mnt/cdrom2 &
then did a mkdir /mnt/cdrom2 after saving the fstab--when I load a
disc, I get "special /dev/cdrom2 not supported"--was working in
2.6.8---"SHRUG???"--I didn't look at fstab when it was working to see
the config--IDEAS?

Dean Loros
autocrosser at macdialup.com
performbdesign at macdialup.com