Okay Ill Admit it ... I'm still learning ...!

Hex Star hexstar at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 00:15:43 MST 2005

are they rpms? if so just do su root in a terminal prompt, enter your
root password when prompted and then type in cd
/var/cache/yum/updates/packages/ then next type in rpm -i rpmname.rpm
to install the rpms which contain the updates...this is, of course,
assuming the archived updates are rpms (never chosen to archive
updates before)

On Sun, 6 Mar 2005 18:06:56 +1100, Irena and Richard Jenkins
<richard.jenkins at internode.on.net> wrote:
> Now I have downloaded a full set of updates for my YDL 4.0 installation.  It
> took much of the day to achieve this ... but now they are all sitting in
> my /var/cache/yum/updates/packages/ directory.
>
> Trouble is I cannot work out what the next yum command should be!!  Can anyone
> help please (put the man out of his misery).
>
> Thanks
>
> Richard
> --
> --
> Irena & Richard Jenkins                 VK1NDV & VK1RJ
> Canberra,  AUSTRALIA

my website: http://www.johnscompany.net, premium hosting and much much
more coming soon so check back often...the topsites and guestbook is
back! check out johnscompany.net for more info