IDN spoofing vulnerability in Gecko browsers

Cian Duffy myob87 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 10:02:48 MST 2005

Err, last month called, they want their security vunerability back

This just seems, to a very angry (with the postal service here, that
is) and cynical me as a slightly more technically accurate 'virus
scare' email, like the good times one from many years ago; or those
mails with scare stories about Glade PlugIn air freshners, etc

This bug is fixed in Firefox CVS and possibily even in 1.0 by
reverting the domain to punycode - you see the real, 7 bit ASCII
domain name in the adress bar

Also, with the fonts most of us will be using on YDL, the
character-that-looks-like-an-a that they're using is much, much
narrower, so it looks differenct

Now, I've got to get back to my waiting in an An Post queuing system
for all eternity to shout at them.

Cian