Yellowdog 4.0.1 and iMac G5

spider spider75 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 08:40:39 MST 2005

Hello,
I subscribed the enhanced version of YDL.net account, because I would
need to try and review the Yellowdog Linux distribution for the iMac
G5.
As the announce in the homepage of Yellowdog I understood I had to
download 4.0.1 version, so here I am.
I tried it, but I had a lot of problems.
The boot CD start correctly, and the installation seems to proceed fine.
But when I reboot my machine I receive an error message from the
kernel unable to found the init. It seems because it cannot mount the
root partition.
It doesn't work with ext2 nor ext3 filesystems, neither if I partition
the harddrive manually or letting the installation process do it for
me.
It's pretty frustrating, as there are no other linux distribuion
working with this hardware yet, I choosed to *pay* for Yellowdog
Linux.

Can someone help me?

Lorenzo Lazzeri
spider75 at gmail.com