External Monitor

Daniel Gimpelevich daniel at gimpelevich.san-francisco.ca.us
Tue Mar 15 12:59:01 MST 2005

You cannot use ofonly if you hope to use the external video connector on
the Rage 128 Mobility. You MUST use aty128fb. You can supply boot
arguments to turn on the external video connector, or use the m3mirror
command to turn it on after boot. Also, pbbuttonsd 0.6.6-3 and later can
be configured with a hotkey to turn mirroring on and off. Your XF86Config
needs to be set up to handle your external monitor. If you want dual-head,
the procedure is more complicated.