firefox and thunderbird

Derick Centeno aguilarojo at verizon.net
Tue Mar 15 17:44:00 MST 2005

> From: Kevin McMahon <butters at buttershome.com>
> Date: 2005/03/15 Tue PM 03:35:45 EST
> To: yellowdog-general at lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
> Subject: firefox and thunderbird
>
> I have unpacked and compiled both of them and have no idea where they
> are as apps so I may use them. They are in folders in my home directory
> but that is it?...

Yep! You can leave them there if you wish...

How do I use them and add them to my kicker?...

Well that is a little different but no big challenge.  Within the kicker right
click and add an icon so you can launch it from within Kicker.  You will see a
field where the location of thunderbird must be listed, such as:

homedirectory/mythunderbirddirectory/thunderbird

once that is done. That's it.  Select a picture for the icon as you please and
from then on whenever you click upon it within kicker Thunderbird will be
invoked.  Do similarly for firefox.