install command line other than YUM?

mascarasnake dontdrill at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 15 20:18:15 MST 2005

Hey Kristo -

You have to change your yum.conf file. YDL doesn't supply those apps stock.

In the freshrpms 3.0 repository Firefox is at:
	firefox-0.10.1-0.10.0.yd3.fr.ppc.rpm
and thunderbird is at:
	thunderbird-0.8.0-0.6.0.yd3.fr.ppc.rpm
I don't see their equivalents in the 4.0 repository.

Not knowing which version of YDL you are running kinda hinders any
further suggestions, you could download the RPMs and run rpm -Uvh on
them both and report back with success or failure.

Or you can get the tarballs and install them manually

Here's where the RPMS can be found:
<http://ayo.freshrpms.net/yellowdog/3.0/ppc/freshrpms/RPMS/firefox-0.10.1-0.10.0.yd3.fr.ppc.rpm>
<http://ayo.freshrpms.net/yellowdog/3.0/ppc/freshrpms/RPMS/thunderbird-0.8.0-0.6.0.yd3.fr.ppc.rpm>

If these work for you, you might want to consider adding:
	[freshrpms]
	name=Yellow Dog Linux $releasever - $basearch - freshrpms
	baseurl=http://ayo.freshrpms.net/yellowdog/3.0/ppc/freshrpms/
to your yum.conf file

Or you can get the tarballs and install them manually

g'luck