Firefox

Irena and Richard Jenkins richard.jenkins at internode.on.net
Wed Mar 16 00:48:46 MST 2005

I was able to install firefox from the 'extras' section of the local ftp
mirror.  Go to YDL page and find the instructions for this by googling the
site for 'firefox'.  It works okay ... but (i) you have to do an rpm
install ... after downloading the package and (ii) the colour images are all
splotchy.

Although I like Firefox, I get a better result by upgrading 'kdebase' and this
left me with newer versions of kmail and konqueror.  It now handles the
special circumstances of my bank site - something the original konqueror
would not do.

[Installed 4.0 on a slot-loading iMac with 256 Meg of ram].

richard
Irena & Richard Jenkins                VK1NDV & VK1RJ
Canberra    AUSTRALIA