YellowDog 4.0.1 and Blue and White G3's

Michael H Martel martelm at quark.vsc.edu
Wed Mar 16 11:29:03 MST 2005

Hello!

I've got a Blue and White G3 that I've upgraded with a G4 500 processor
from Sonnet.  YellowDog 3.01 loved this machine. YellowDog 4.0 loved this
machine.  YellowDog 4.0.1 isn't so happy.

The problem I've got is trivial in itself, but I'm having a devil of a time
with it.  I have the onboard Ethernet and an additional PCI Network Card.
YellowDog recognizes both, but neither one can  be made to work.

NEAT shows the two devices as GMAC (Sun GEM) and DECchip 21142/43 .
However neither one can connect anywhere when I configure them.

So I guess the question is, which module should be aliased to eth0
(bmac,mace, tulip etc) ?

Thanks!

Michael