Setting up a firewall box

David Wadson wadson at shaw.ca
Wed Mar 16 16:15:50 MST 2005

www.shorewall.net

Not only is it an easy but powerful firewall system to use, but the
author's documentation is excellent. The quickstart guides and FAQ
sections ought to cover every question you have. If they don't, there
is a very helpful mailing list. However, if you need to use that, make
sure you've read the documentation, FAQs, and mostly importantly, the
instructions on how to post your support questions. The author can get
rather short with people who don't do that before posting a question
that has already been answered many times before.

I use it on a Power Mac 7300 with multiple NICs and several VPN tunnels.

Dave