VDQ : Can I let a user restart Privoxy? -- PS

Jurvis LaSalle lasalle at bard.edu
Sun Mar 20 11:23:02 MST 2005

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 15:57:41 -0500, beartooth wrote:

> On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 18:42:31 -0500, Jurvis LaSalle wrote:
>
>> set the EDITOR environment variable to reflect your favorite editor.
>> for bash:
>> export EDITOR=nano
> [....]
>> (it would probably be wise to put this in your .bashrc or .tcshrc)
[....]

> You're saying to do "nano .bashrc"  insert the line "export
> EDITOR=nano"
> into it somewhere, and save it?

yes, 'nano ~/.bashrc' and add the 'export EDITOR=nano' line.  then
execute 'source ~/.bashrc'
to update your current shell to reflect the new changes.  This shell
and all new shells you
open will now have the EDITOR environment variable set (test it with
'echo $EDITOR').  Many
programs will honor this and use nano (like vipw and visudo - just
because they explicitly
reference using vi, they will still work with whichever $EDITOR you
specify).
	Now just run visudo as root and add the line that I suggested way back
before we took this
informative tangent.

hth,
JL