YDL 4.0 no Network

Robert Story rstory-l at revelstone.com
Wed Mar 23 17:18:41 MST 2005

     [ First - *please* don't mail me directly.  Keep discussions on
       the list, where others can both learn and offer advice.  Thanks.   ]

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 14:34:36 -0600 Steve wrote:
SM> when I do 'ifconfig -a' I do not see a MAC address listed.

You don't see something like this?

   eth0      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:0a:43:75:96:3A

SM> I chose to have the firewall on (default).  How would I
SM> configure it for DHCP?  I thought this was automatic?

It should be... after you run ifup, 'service iptables status' (as root) should
show the firewall config..

you can use tcpdump (as root) to watch traffic, to see if you are getting dhcp