SMB fileserver

Steve Meyer meyerst at uwstout.edu
Fri Mar 25 12:57:19 MST 2005

Thanks to those who assisted me in getting my YDL box on the network!

I would like to get SMB file sharing running on my YDL 4.0 box.  I
checked the box for SMB in 'Server Settings/Services' and restarted the
computer.  I have been trying to use the default setup via the 'Control
Center/Samba Configuration'.  I tried to connect from the OS X box
using smb://[my ip addr]/[user home folder name] and get a message
"Could not connect to the server because the name or password is not
correct"...however, I have not entered in a name or password yet.
Bottom line, I just want to file share from my OS X box to my home dir
on the YDL box.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Steve