Enigmail and Thunderbird

Andrew Zschetzsche zsche004 at morris.umn.edu
Wed Mar 30 01:51:16 MST 2005

Hi all,

I have built-from-source Mozilla Thunderbird 1.0 a while ago, and now
I'm trying to get the current version of Enigmail to work nicely with it.

I can download the .xpi from the Mozilla extensions website, and I can
sucessfully install it.  When I rebooted Thunderbird I can see the
Enigmail menu, and all of the menus are functional.

But when I try to generate a key I get the message "Error in accessing
Enigmail service."  I checked, and I do have gpgme rpm from freshrpm's
installed, and the gpg path is correct.

Do I have to rebuild enigmail for the PPC archecture?
enigmail.mozilla.org has instructions, but then I have to rebuild
Thunderbird too.  Weird, I could have sworn that I just installed the
.xpi when I installed it before....

Oh, and when I click to print i get "Failed to initalize Enigmail
service" message.

Oh, and if there were any intial setup steps, I would have said "Don't
generate a key" since I have mine from OS X, but I can't remember if
there was an inital setup dialog or not.

Thanks,
Andy Zschetzsche