apt-get won't install or update...

Daniel Gimpelevich daniel at gimpelevich.san-francisco.ca.us
Thu Mar 31 13:01:55 MST 2005

If apt-get has finally borked itself like it always does, switch to yum.
If that doesn't work either, try manually installing something with
rpm -Uvh, and if that doesn't work, your RPM database is hosed. You can
then try rpm --rebuilddb, which may or may not fix it, in which case you
must reinstall YDL from scratch.