cron.weekly

Eric Dunbar eric.dunbar at gmail.com
Sun May 1 07:17:34 MDT 2005

I'm no cron guru  so you may not find an answer with me but (I modify
my cron with http://www.webmin.com (available through yum) ;-)...

There are a few things that come to mind:
1. check your system mail using mail for the relevant account and see
if there are any messages in there regarding your cron job
2. use an absolute path for tar so you don't have to worry about the
PATH statement? (locate tar|grep bin... on my system it's /bin/tar)
3. use webmin to set up your cron job :)
4. run the job every few minutes until you're done troubleshooting.

Eric.