GNOME-2.10.1: the short take [Off Topic]

Joseph E. Sacco, Ph.D. joseph_sacco at comcast.net
Tue May 3 08:49:51 MDT 2005

Dean,

Since this is a garnome question,  I will gently point you towards the
garnome mailing list

That being said [no... I am not going to leave you hanging :-)],  it
appears that you are attempting to manually build some of the additional
external gst-plugins that were *not* detected by configure:

[From config.log on my system]:

        HAVE_RAW1394_FALSE='#'
        HAVE_RAW1394_TRUE=''
        HAVE_ROM1394='yes'
        HAVE_SHOUT='no'            <======
        HAVE_SPEEX='yes'
        HAVE_THEORA='yes'
        HAVE_X='yes'
        HAVE_XSHM='yes'

Take a careful look at the build documentation for gst-plugins.  In
particular, read:

	./desktop/gst-plugins/work/main.d/gst-plugins-0.8.8/REQUIREMENTS

and you will learn where to find the source for these gst-plugins should
you wish to include them. From my experience, some of these build
easily, others do not.  Our mileage may vary.

For now, edit

	./desktop/gst-plugins/work/main.d/gst-plugins-0.8.8/ext/Makefile

to comment out any external gst-plugin that is causing problems. For
example,
        #SDL_DIR =
        SDL_DIR = sdl
        SHOUT_DIR =
        #SHOUT_DIR = shout            <========
        SHOUT2_DIR =
        #SHOUT2_DIR = shout2          <========
        #SIDPLAY_DIR = sidplay
        SIDDPLAY_DIR =

-Joseph

On Tue, 2005-05-03 at 07:08 -0700, Dean Loros wrote:
> Hi Joseph--
>
> I've tried to install 2.10 & am running up against a problem in the
> build---I get to gst-plugins &
>
> In file included from gstshout2.c:23:
> gstshout2.h:25:25: shout/shout.h: No such file or directory
> In file included from gstshout2.c:23:
>
> It then goes thru several lines of pointer problems with various shout &
> libgstshout types--
> Then I get---

joseph_sacco [at] comcast [dot] net