TechnoToys: Clam AntiVirus software

Joseph E. Sacco, Ph.D. joseph_sacco at comcast.net
Tue May 3 09:23:44 MDT 2005

Agreed...

I have tried it both ways. For the individual user, the trade off is
faster email download completion  v.s. running yet another daemon
process and possibly a watchdog process to make sure that the clamav
daemon continues running. Your choice...

For those who would like to filter their evolution mail using a running
clamav daemon, here is a script will work

        % cat /usr/local/bin/clamd-filter

        #!/bin/sh
        /usr/bin/clamdscan --quiet --stdout  -

-Joseph