Minor problem : Pine colors

beartooth beartooth at adelphia.net
Wed May 4 09:43:38 MDT 2005

I have a problem that I'm not sure how to handle : I've had it under
Fedora, and fixed it, but the obvious way to clone the fix is a pain in
this case.

The problem is that Pine's colors interact with my terminal settings in
such a way that I can't see the messages Pine displays in a band across
the bottom of the screen -- it must be deep blue on black, or even black
on black -- and, unfortunately, the same is true when I go into M > S > K
: the line I want to alter is always illegible.

The normal choice of settings under the Edit Tab option of the terminal is
displayed, but no matter which I pick, it jumps back to Rxvt -- whatever
that is.

I'd try just replacing the .pinerc with one from Fedora -- YDL4 is
essentially FC2 ported to Apple hardware -- but the confounded iBook has
no floppy drive!

I don't fancy myself at burning CDs under any linux. If I manage to get a
usable one with the .pinerc on it, is the iBook going to be able to read
it? I notice that Fedora when formatting a floppy gives a choice of
several file systems; is there something like that for CDs?

--
Beartooth Neo-Redneck, Linux Evangelist
FC 1&3, YDL 4; Pine 4.63, Pan 0.14.2; Privoxy 3.0.3;