OT - Care to share your opinion?

Mark Guertin guertin at brucemaudesign.com
Fri May 6 12:14:48 MDT 2005

if it starts with "i" it's consumer ... iBook, iMac (except for e
which is also consumer -- eMac).  Also the color gives it away... if
it's white its a consumer machine (at least right now anyway).

If it starts with "Power" its pro .. PowerBook, PowerMac.  They are
also metal looking materials in the current lineup.

It used to be really bad back in the Spindler days ... when
everything was just a model number! hehe.  You had to consult a pro
to tell anything about them at that point in the game, that and the
fact at one point they had 20+ different models on sale all with
seemingly random (not that random once you got to know their schemes
but nonetheless scattered) model numbers.

Mark