printer will not print

Derick Centeno aguilarojo at verizon.net
Tue May 10 11:41:26 MDT 2005

Within YDL using any browser where you usually type a URL to go to do:
localhost:631

This will take you directly into CUPS (Common Unix Printing System or
something like that) and you can add your printer from there.  Make
sure to enter the correct location of your printer:

/usb/lp0/lexmark 1100

or

/usb/lp/lexmark 1100

and select the correct driver and then options so that your printer
will function under YDL with almost all the neat functions it has under
OS X.  For more guidance and info. refer to www.cups.org or just follow
the instructions in the CUPS help files.  I hope this helps.

Also check printerconfig and make sure it sees the printer.
Unfortunately there are no useful help files for that utility.

On May 10, 2005, at 1:07 PM, Jim Ricken wrote:

> Hi everyone
>
> I just purchased a new Lex-mark scanner printer ( model 1100),hooked it
> up to my mac.rebooted into YDL-3.0,Ydl recognizes the printer,but it
> will not print at all,nada,zilch.it is using the lex-mark driver.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> I've got a usb card installed.
> Jim

"Whoever claims the right to redistribute the wealth produced by others
is claiming the right to treat human beings as chattel." -- Ayn Rand

WE ARE AT WAR WITH THE MOST DANGEROUS ENEMY THAT HAS EVER FACED MANKIND,
AND IF WE LOSE THAT WAR AND IN SO DOING LOSE THIS WAY OF FREEDOM OF
OURS, HISTORY WILL RECORD WITH THE GREATEST ASTONISHMENT THAT THOSE WHO
HAD THE MOST TO LOSE DID THE LEAST TO PREVENT ITS HAPPENING.
--- RONALD REAGAN

"The Romans used to say that courage is not the only virtue, but it's
the only one that makes the other virtues possible." -- Benjamin
Netanyahu to Brian Lamb on C-SPAN's Washington Journal, Sept. 21, 2001

"Intellectual freedom cannot exist without political freedom; political
freedom cannot exist without economic freedom; a free mind and a free
market are corollaries." -- Ayn Rand, "For The New Intellectual,"

"Better to die on one's feet than to live on one's knees."
-- Dolores Ibarruri, 1936

"What do you call a peaceful, productive, person who is prevented by
force of law from disposing of his efforts as he sees fit? A slave." --
Rick Gaber

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every
form of tyranny over the mind of man." -- Thomas Jefferson, 1800, as
inscribed in the Jefferson Memorial

Live Free...