Is yum updating?

Mark Guertin guertin at brucemaudesign.com
Tue May 10 12:41:47 MDT 2005

I think the issue with ftp.yellowdoglinux.com has been resolved ..
the main mirrors are hosted on ibiblio, and it seems they did some re-
arranging that broke the yum configurations (due to a broken symlink
to the yum repos).  As of late last week it was working again for me
using the stock yum configuration . . .

HTH

Mark

On May 10, 2005, at 2:23 PM, Daniel Gimpelevich wrote:

> Do not use ftp.yellowdoglinux.com in your yum.conf file. Use a
> mirror. The
> last updates were to X11 last month. The previous month saw xmms
> and prior
> to that, the kernel and KDE.
>
> On Tue, 10 May 2005 15:04:41 -0400, Richard Burke wrote:
>

>> I run yum update on my iMac G3 pretty faithfully, but it has been
>> months
>> since any files have received an update. The machine had YDL 4.0
>> installed
>> originally, and yum.conf reads as follows:
>>
>> [main]
>> cachedir=/var/cache/yum
>> debuglevel=2
>> logfile=/var/log/yum.log
>> pkgpolicy=newest
>>
>> [base]
>> name=Yellow Dog Linux 4.0 Base
>> baseurl=http://ftp.yellowdoglinux.com/pub/yellowdog/yum/4.0/base/
>>
>> [updates]
>> name=Yellow Dog Linux 4.0 Updates
>> baseurl=http://ftp.yellowdoglinux.com/pub/yellowdog/yum/4.0/update/
>>
>> [extras]
>> name=Yellow Dog Linux 4.0 Extras
>> baseurl=http://ftp.yellowdoglinux.com/pub/yellowdog/yum/4.0/extras/
>>
>> [freshrpms]
>> name=FreshRPMS
>> baseurl=http://ayo.freshrpms.net/yellowdog/4.0/ppc/freshrpms/
>>
>> Is it that nothing has changed during these past few months, or do
>> I need
>> to change my configuration to update with YDL 4.0.1?
>>
>> TIA.

> HINT: to Google archives, try  '<keywords>
> site:terrasoftsolutions.com'

=====================================
Mark Guertin
Technology Manager, Bruce Mau Design
197 Spadina Ave, Suite 501
Toronto, ON, Canada M5T 2C8
guertin at brucemaudesign.com
416-260-5777 ext. 291

This email and its attachments are confidential: they are for use of the
named recipient(s) only. Information contained in this email and
attachments
to it are protected by privilege, work product immunity, copyright
and other
applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient please notify us
immediately by telephone at 416.260.5777 or by e-mail at
studio at brucemaudesign.com and delete this email from your files.