Beige G3/266, kernel 2.6.10 and no ethernet

Eric Dunbar eric.dunbar at gmail.com
Thu May 12 16:32:06 MDT 2005

The title says it all.

I had to restart my YDL 4.0 (upgraded to 4.0.1) server running on a
Beige G3/266 and decided to try out the new kernel.

Well, it boots fine, I can login to GNOME just fine, but there's no
networking interface and the activity light on my router doesn't light
up.

Also, on vt1 there's debugging info (starts with Mach 64) related to
aftby (or something llike that... I think it's video related).

I've downgraded to kernel 2.6.9 and my server's happy again (& so am I).

Is there a problem with the latest (offical) YDL kernel on G3s?

Eric.