Upgrade from 4.0 to 4.0.1

Joseph E. Sacco, Ph.D. joseph_sacco at comcast.net
Fri May 13 09:23:17 MDT 2005

Yes...  use YUM.

        % yum update

[taken from the yum man page]
If run without any packages, update will update every currently
installed  package.  If one or more packages are specified, Yum
will only update the listed packages.  While updating packages,
yum  will  ensure  that  all dependencies are satisfied.  If no
package matches the given package name(s), they are assumed  to
be a shell glob and any matches are then installed.

-Joseph

On Fri, 2005-05-13 at 14:56 +0100, peter.g.harper at magnox.co.uk wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've just downloaded the CDs for 4.0.1 and would like to install it on my
> G5 Xserves.
>
> Is it possible to just upgrade, rather than install from scratch?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Peter Harper
>

> The information contained in this email may be commercially sensitive and/or legally privileged. It is intended solely for the person(s) to whom it is addressed. If you are not a named recipient, you are on notice of its status. Please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this message from your system. You must not disclose it to any other person, copy or distribute it or use it for any purpose.

joseph_sacco [at] comcast [dot] net