Upgrade from 4.0 to 4.0.1--Yum repository

Dean Loros autocrosser at macdialup.com
Wed May 18 08:01:07 MDT 2005

Hi Michel--
To creat a Yum repository--

Creat a directory on your local drive (I chose tmp)
I named mine yum (easy)--so I made /tmp/yum/updates
Load all your files that you need to update into /updates
next--as root--cd to your /updates & run   yum-arch -v /tmp/yum/updates
this will create a headers file in the directory
next--modify your yum.conf  to reflect the "new" file source
nano /etc/yum.conf & add this set of lines--

[UPDATES]
name=Yellow Dog Linux 4.0 UPDATES
baseurl=file:///tmp/yum/updates

when you run yum the next time--yum will "find" all your new updates--