SMB problems... Fwd: SMB fileserver

Robert Story rstory-l at revelstone.com
Thu May 19 08:58:07 MDT 2005

On Wed, 18 May 2005 18:32:47 -0400 xlargebear at bellsouth.net wrote:
XN> libads/kerberos.c: In function `kerberos_kinit_password':
XN> libads/kerberos.c:93: warning: passing arg 4 of
XN> `krb5_get_init_creds_password' discards qualifiers from pointer
XN> target type

the warning can probably be safely ignored..

XN> Compiling libads/ads_status.c with -fPIC
XN> Linking nsswitch/libnss_wins.so
XN> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Unfortunately, that's a pretty generic error. The only think I can think of is
that some needed rpm is installed on the first machine, but not the second. You
could compare the  output of 'rpm -qa | sort' on both machines. If they aren't
similarly configured, though, there might be a lot of irrelevant differences.

If you are familiar with makefiles, you could remove the simplification of the
compile/link line, to see the actual command, and maybe get a more detailed
error..