Alleged syntax error in /usr/include/linux/atmppp.h.

Charles Trois charles.trois at wanadoo.fr
Sun May 22 06:20:46 MDT 2005

> Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 07:46:15 -0600
> From: bruce woller <brucewoller at comcast.net>
> Subject: Re: Alleged syntax error in /usr/include/linux/atmppp.h.

> Charles:
> Is it possible that the atmppp.h file you are presenting here is not
> the one the compiler is including?  I only ask because the compiler
> flags lines 20 &22 of the file but the displayed text only contains 14
> lines?  (I can only see 14 instances of 0x0a in the text using hexedit)

Bruce:
No. The atmppp.h file is found in /usr/include/linux as well as in
/usr/src/linux-2.6.10-1.ydl.1/include/linux, but the two are identical,
as proved by diff. As for the line count, it includes the comments and
the blank lines (these apparently not transmitted), as can be seen in
Kate (for instance): the file contains 24 lines, and "atm_backend_t" is
on line 20, and "{" on line 22, as reported in the log.

I have had a second look at Splint, and it hints that a "parse error"
signal can mean that something is not defined or not declared. Indeed, I
have looked up the chain of #include's (which is quite short), and, as
far as I can see, the type "atm_backend_t" is nowhere declared.

I don't know what to do: there would seem to be a bug, but how and where
  to report it? No maintainer is mentioned. Any ideas?

Cheers.

Charles