Fwd: (Incident Review ID: 403998) GETJAVA: comment: JRE for YellowDog Linux community

Cian Duffy myob87 at gmail.com
Tue May 24 10:01:16 MDT 2005

Sun are unlikely to port it themselves. Java on Linux was for many
years provided by Blackdown, official Sun Java on FreeBSD is provided
by the FreeBSD project, and so on.

An experienced coder/coding team can approach Sun and get the full
source code under NDA to port the JVM/JRE, including the HotSpot VM.
Sun won't port it themselves. In YDL's case, someone from Terrasoft
would be best, or someone that TSS are willing to vouch for.

Cian