Freeing up space on HD

Joseph E. Sacco, Ph.D. joseph_sacco at comcast.net
Thu May 26 19:13:07 MDT 2005

Short answer: yes.

Look over what's there.  Are you using it? Probably not. Is it
recoverable? Yes.

Another place to look to recover diskspace is the yum cache. If you
updated lots of stuff, the binary RPM's are still on your system. Check
out the man page for yum and see what

	yum clean packages

does.

-Joseph

On Thu, 2005-05-26 at 19:16 -0400, xlargebear at bellsouth.net wrote:
> Hi
> I have YDL4 installed in a 8600 with a 3 Gb HD that just got
> completely full. I need to free up some space urgently since this is
> my webserver. What can I safely remove? Is it ok to delete everything
> in /usr/src ? There's like 750 Mbytes in  there.
> Thanks
> EJ
joseph_sacco [at] comcast [dot] net